» Nonprofit Administration Internships | » Research Internships
Occasionally, the U.S. Capitol Historical Society hosts interns who aspire to work for a nonprofit organization or maybe even to start their own someday. Nonprofit Administration Interns at the U.S. Capitol Historical Society acquire and develop the skills that many nonprofits are looking for. They learn or refine marketing, event management, and fundraising skills while supporting programs that empower students of all ages to learn the American story and foster their potential as active participants in our democracy.
- Work with staff to monitor and update web pages.
- Develop and post external content for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube), blog, and on our website. This can include blog posts, #CapitolCats, photos, testimonials that increase awareness of the USCHS mission, membership, and merchandise.
- Track social media reach and engagement and draw conclusions based on the data as to what content performs best for our audience.
- Identify key partners (corporations, foundations, individuals, etc.) to tag regularly and who will re-distribute our content.
- Attend events in the US Capitol Complex.
- Live tweet and post to Facebook and Instagram during USCHS events, including book talks, brown bag lunches, corporate events, etc.
- Send photos to VIPs after events.
- Perform basic internet research to find prospects (corporations, associations, and foundations) who would benefit from USCHS membership.
- Develop a prospect list based on this list, identifying industries that are not readily represented in the current membership.
- Update and maintain the current prospect list by researching organizations and individuals.
Review local and national news/business publications for updates on current and potential donors.
- Interest in nonprofit marketing and management
- Good phone presence to follow-up with industry leaders and VIPs
- Knowledge of and experience using social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked-In, etc.
- Team player with eagerness to learn
- Good writing skills